While Amazon has built a successful business around its online marketplace, have you ever wondered how this company became so successful? Part of the answer is collecting user data. We were quite surprised to learn that many elements from our Amazon profile data are visible to the public.
Your Amazon profile includes your bio, social links, shopping list etc. and that’s why you should make it private. It is always recommended to protect and anonymize as much information as possible. In this article, we are going to tell you how to make Amazon profile private and how to remove your Alexa voice commands from Amazon server.
Make your Amazon user profile private
Follow the steps below to find out how you can control what your vision of others Adventuress Profile.
- Go to Amazon.in and visit your Accounts.
- Hit ordering, under ordering and shipping priority Profile.
- Once your profile page loads, click Edit your public profile.
- Your personal information such as your bio, business, social links remain public on Amazon. For privacy it is best to remove all personal information from this page.
- Click Edit privacy settings > Click Hide all activity on your public profile > Hit Save.
- Click now Return to public profile. You can also click What others see To check what your public profile looks like when someone goes to see it.
Make your Amazon wishlist private
Amazon has two lists – Shopping List and Wish List. You need to make sure that these lists are private because if they are public, anyone can search for your name and keep an eye on the things you want to buy. follow these steps.
- Repeat the earlier steps and go to your Amazon profile.
- open your shopping list Or your Wish list.
- Click more And hit Manage list.
- From the pop-up that appears right next to Privacy, make sure it’s set Private.
- Beat save Changes and you’re done.
Hide your amazon browsing history
Your browsing history includes everything you’ve recently discovered on Amazon. You need to turn this off because this is the information that helps Amazon target ads. follow these steps.
- Go to Amazon.in> Cursor Over Accounting and inventory > Click Your recommendations.
- In the top bar, hit Your browsing history.
- Click Next Manage history > Click Remove all items from view And you also idle Turn on browsing history.
- Another thing you need to turn off is personalized advertising. To do this, go to your Accounts. Under Email alerts, messages and advertisements, click Advertising preferences.
- On the next page, select Do not personalize ads from Amazon for this internet browser.
Delete your alexa voice recording
Of amazon Alexa The voice assistant relies on listening to your voice and recording each of your voice commands. Whether you are using Alexa on an Echo device or smartphone, if privacy is a concern, make sure you follow these steps to make sure Alexa is not recording your user data.
- On your smartphone, open the Amazon Alexa app, available on both Google play And app Store.
- sign in If you have one, your Amazon account is synced with your Echo device.
- After you sign in, hit more And go Adjustment.
- Choose Alexa Privacy And tap Manage your Alexa data.
- On the next page, scroll down and disable Use voice recording And Use Messages to Improve Messages Help improve Alexa.
- To delete an existing voice recording, go back and tap Voice history review.
- Set date range to All history And tap Delete all recordings for all history.
- You can do this Enable voice deletion As well it lets you destroy every recording of you by giving a simple voice command.
These were some important steps you need to follow to prevent Amazon from collecting your user data.
For more tutorials, visit us how Section.
As we know if this is the end of Samsung Galaxy Note series? We discussed it Of class, Our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe through Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, or RSS, Download episode, Or simply hit the play button below.