United by Emotion – Tokyo 2020 Olympic Moto
- On 17 February 2020, the ‘United by Emotion’ moto appeared for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.
- Tennis player Naomi Osaka narrated the promotional video for the moto.
- The moto will be featured on Tokyo Skytree, the tallest landmark in Japan’s capital.
- Approximately 10,000 athletes from over 200 nations will gather in Tokyo for the Olympics, which will run from 24 July to 9 August 2020.
Hero to capitalize Rs 10,000 crore in 5-7 years
- Hero MotoCorp will invest Rs 10,000 crore to develop alternative mobility solutions, sustainable manufacturing units, expand networks and build it’s brand-building globally.
- Currently, Hero MotoCorp has seven manufacturing units in India, Bangladesh, South America.
- Since starting its solo journey in April 2011, it has invested $ 600 million in R&D.
5.12 Lakh Crore Budget presented by UP Government
- On 18 February 2020, the Uttar Pradesh government presented a budget of Rs 5,12,860.72 crore for the financial year 2020-21 in the state assembly.
- The budget, which is Rs 33,159 crore more than the previous year’s budget, has a provision of Rs 10,967.87 crore for new schemes.
Koneru Hampi Wins Cairns Cup Chess Tournament
World Rapid champion Koneru Hampi arose winning in the Cairns Cup chess tournament after a draw against countryman Dronavalli Harika in the ninth and final round.
Hampi, who won the world champion title in December 2019, concluded the tournament with 6 points.
Hampi will now gain five ELO rating points (the basis for international rankings) and reach number 2 on the world list.
Admiral Karambir Singh On A Visit To Myanmar
- Admiral Karambir Singh, Chief of Naval Staff of the Indian Navy, is on a tour of Myanmar from 17-20 February 2020.
- The visit aims to strengthen and enhance bilateral maritime relations between India and Myanmar.
- He will interact with trainees at the National Defense College in Pyi Taw, and also visit the Myanmar Navy’s Naval Dockyard and Training Command in Yangon.
First with 50 million Instagram followers: Virat
- Virat Kohli broke another record.
- He has become the first Indian to raise 50 million followers on the popular social media platform Instagram.
- She is also the most valuable figure of India.
- Conferring to a study by Duff and Phelps, Kohli outdid the brand assessment list for the third year in a row, increasing its value by 39% to $ 237.5 million in 2019.
Duplantis Again Broke Pole Vault World Record
- Sweden’s Armand Duplantis set a world pole vault record of 6.18 meters at an indoor meet in Glasgow, a centimeter higher than the record set in Poland a few days earlier.
- The old record of 6.16 meters set by French Walter Renaud Lavilin stood from 2014.
- Duplantis won a silver medal in October 2019 in the pole vault at the IAAF World Championships in Doha, Qatar.
India Pavilion In Gulf Food 2020 In Dubai
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Harsimrat Kaur Badal inaugurated India Pavilion at Dubai’s Gulphood 2020 on 16 February 2020.
- He discussed the possibilities of business opportunities in India with food companies.
- He held separate meetings with companies involved in the food trade in the UAE.
Joshua Cheptji Set a 5 km Road World Record
- Uganda’s 10,000m champion Joshua Cheptegi broke the 5 km road world record in 27 seconds in Monaco.
- He finished the race in 12 minutes 51 seconds to break the previous record – Kenya’s Ronks Kipruto achieved during January’s win in Valencia 10k.
- France’s Jimmy Grasier finished second in Monaco with a European record of 13:18.
- Nick Golab finished third on the new British record of 13:27.
Soil Health Card Scheme Completes 5 Years
- The Soil Health Card Scheme is completing five years on 19 February 2020.
- The scheme was launched in 2015 to assess the nutritional status of every farm in the country.
India, World Bank signed a loan agreement
- The Government of India and the World Bank signed a $ 450 million loan agreement.
- It is signed to support the national program to curb the country’s falling groundwater levels and strengthen groundwater institutions.
- World Bank Supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY) – National Ground Water Management Improvement Program will be implemented in various states.
ISRO to launch 10 satellites in 2020-21
- ISRO is poised to achieve a major milestone, working towards launching an unprecedented 10 Earth observation satellites into space, in 2020-21.
- The launch includes the launch of the geo-imaging satellite GISAT-1 for the first time in space.
- In the ongoing 2019-20 year, ISRO planned to launch six Earth observation satellites into space, two of which are still to be launched.
J&K to host its indoor National Rowing Championship
- Jammu and Kashmir will soon host its first Indoor National Rowing Championship.
- It was announced by Naveen Kumar Chaudhary, Principal Secretary, Department of Education and Technical Education.
- Some important equipment has been installed for the training purposes of athletes.
- The administration is also aiming to take important steps to promote water sports in Jammu and Kashmir.
India Won 5 Silver Medals In Weightlifting Championship
- India won five silver and six bronze medals at the ongoing 2020 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- In the 45 kg category, KVL Pavani Kumari won silver medals in both the young girls and junior women sections.
- Siddhanta Gogoi lifted a total of 145 and 269 kg to claim silver in the youth boys and junior men events in the 61 kg category.